Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Mr. Mingoele taught me about music for a year in 8th grade, making me an expert

Worst 2 songs of the month
rubber band man - Rubber band man, is this some kind of a joke. I can not believe this song is on the radio. Are rappers running out of ideas? Did David Banner just look at a Rubber Band and be like someone grab me a pen, some paper, I got an idea, this rubber band can stand for struggle. And to say he is wild as the Taliban, this probably isn't the best idea. If Kevin Garnett has to take crap for talking about a game as a war, then this guy should have to hear a whole lot of anger for comparing himself to the Taliban. If he really is wild as the Taliban like he says he is, shouldn't he be incarcerated? Would anyone be opposed to permanently taking this song off the air? And what record exec, sat there and thought, this Rubber Band thing could be big, we can't ,miss out on signing the rubber band man?

Game Over - Flip, Flip, Flip, Game Over. Flip, Flip, Flip, Game over. Mr. Flip must of graduated from Harvard. This could be actually nominated for worst song ever. The only thing it has any relevance to is the game flip cup, and something tells me that wasn't his intentions, but then again, what were his intentions?I am pretty excited to see if El Flip's career takes off from here, I see a big follow up deal with him involving, "Cup, Cup, Cup, Consolidate." I really do hope BigFlip's career takes off because of this, but something tells me his career is probably got lord tariq and peter gunnz written all over it. (I'm really not sure if these guys are gone from the industry, but my best guess is that they have to be.) Flip, Flip, Flip, Career Over.

Best Two songs of the month
David Lee Murphy - Loco - Gotta love any song that involves tequila, Key West, Tiki Torches, and partying. Does anyone dislike these four things, didn't think so, listen to the song or I'm coming over.

Brad Paisley - I'm gonna miss her- A guy chooses his going fishing over his wife. This is like the story of Homer Simpson in musical form, 'nuff said.

Honorable Mention for both best and worst categories at the same time-
Mase - Welcome Back - The dollar sign is back baby, and who isn't happy about this. Come on, the horse and carriage man went to church for a month, now he's back, you have to be excited. He is the only man I know who has made it in the music business with no skill what so ever. terrible voice, and is a rapper, yet he raps slower than you would have a normal conversation. This is and underdog story and a half. Instead of Miracle: the story of the 1980 U.S. olympic hockey team, it should of been, Miracle: the story of the rapper who couldn't rap, but was friends with notorious B.I.G.

Buffett Song of the month - Mr. Spaceman - Features Gonzo. (ya that gonzo, and I'm not joking)
And lastly speaking of music I got Fraggle Rock as my ringtone yesterday, how awesome is that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home